At MWKids, our goal is to produce healthy, delicious, kid-friendly meals and snacks for schools, day care centers, camps and private homes in the tri-state area and beyond. All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchen facility using only the highest quality, freshest possible ingredients. We always incorporate a variety of fresh fruit and vegetable purees into our food for added flavor and increased health benefits.
There are no saturated fats, fried foods, preservatives, high fructose corn syrup, shellfish, nuts or processed foods in any meals served by MWKids. There is minimal sugar and little to no simple carbohydrates. Eating foods with these ingredients increases the chances that a child will be obese, have diabetes, behavioral problems and poor school grades.
Some of our signature menu items include:
- Air-Baked Panko Crusted Chicken Fingers made with carrot, sweet potato & cauliflower puree mixed into the egg wash
- Three Cheese Macaroni & Cheese Squares made with cheddar, Parmesan & American cheeses. For an additional boost of flavor and health benefit, we incorporate our carrot & zucchini puree into the cheese sauce
- 7 Vegetable Tomato Sauce served with our Beef & Turkey Meatballs, as well as with all of our pasta dishes
- Mixed Berry Yogurt Parfait
- White or Black Bean Hummus with fresh baked pita crisps
- Healthy snacks include fresh cut fruits & vegetables with dipping sauce, cheese & crackers, fresh baked cookies & muffins, pretzels, granola bars and more
Not only do the kids love the food we are producing, but the parents are thrilled to know that their children are receiving flavorful, nutritious meals on a daily basis. Please feel free to contact us for more information on how to get our food service program to a school or child center near you.
Michelle Obama and Jamie Oliver are huge proponents of children eating and receiving healthy school meals. For more information about the healthier eating revolution, please visit HealthierUS School Challenge and Partnership for a Healthier America.